Upgrade to NC CARES (August 14, 2017)
The North Carolina Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) has upgraded its NC CARES computer system.
If you need access to NC CARES please complete the following two steps.
- Obtain an individual NCID - Make sure all persons who need access to NC CARES have or obtain an individual NCID. An NCID can be obtained at https://ncidp.nc.gov/ncidsspr/. Be sure to select the "Individual" user type button when requesting access.
- Report your individual NCID to the NC CACFP state office and request access to NC CARES by completing the NC CARES User Access Request Form (PDF, 113 KB).
If you already have an NCID, it must be reported in the NC CACFP State Office for access to NC CARES.
Below are some of the changes to the system.
- On-line support and field help for site level and provider claims for all programs
- Built in claims edit checks to ensure accurate claims submission
- Built in application edit checks to ensure accurate data entry on all application forms
- Improved system security by implementation of North Carolina Identity Management (NCID) For NC Cares access. NCID is the North Carolina standard identity management and access service provided to state staff and state business users, and will replace existing NC Cares user ID.
- NC CARES User Manual (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- For help with the upgraded system, please view the trainings available on our training page or call the Nutrition Services Branch Customer Services Desk at 866-622-2733.
- For help with your NCID or password or if you are locked out, please call the NCID help desk at 800-722-3946.
Last Modified: May 23, 2018